The faculty provides Audilogical assessment service where the hearing sensitivity of a person is assessed using various kinds of audiometry. The purpose of audiological assessment is to quantify and qualify hearing in terms of the degree and type of hearing loss, and to find out the appropriate solution to the loss in terms of appropriate hearing aids, surgery, use of assistive listening devices, placement, habilitation, rehabilitation, education and employment.
The Audilogical assessment service aims at finding out
- Whether there is a hearing loss
- The cause of the hearing loss (to the extent possible)
- The degree and configuration (one or both ears?) of hearing loss
- The best treatment options
- Type of hearing loss
- Degree of hearing loss
- Whether the condition is medically treatable or not
- The most suitable solution
For more advanced check up the faculty uses referral services whereby cases are referred to Vikram ENT Hospital Coimbatore.
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Speech Testing
- Tests of the Middle Ear
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR)
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAEs)